- Kollmorgen Automation Suite™ provides fully integrated programming, testing, setup and commissioning
- Embedded web server utility simplifies service
- Control 20 axes or more* while reducing machine footprint:
- EtherCAT multi-axis master motion controller integrated with a standard AKD™ drive axis
- Full IEC61131-3 soft PLC for machine control, with support for all 5 programming languages
- Choice of PLCopen for motion or Pipe Network™ for programming motion control
- 32 kB non-volatile memory stores machine data to eliminate scrap upon restart after power failure
- SD Card slot simplifies backup and commissioning, with no PC required
- Onboard I/O includes 13 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, 1 analog input, 1 analog output (expandable with AKT series of remote I/O)
- Works with Kollmorgen Visualization Builder™ for programming AKI human-machine interface panels
- Enables plug-and-play compatibility with your servomotor
- Provides access to all the advantages of Kollmorgen´s breadth of motor platforms including AKM™, CDDR™, and other direct-drive technologies
- Supports real-time performance feedback from Smart Feedback Devices (SFD), EnDat2.2, 01, BiSS, Analog Sine/Cos encoder, incremental encoder, HIPERFACE®, and resolver
- Full-frequency autotuning ensures perfect motion across the performance spectrum
* Maximum axis count depends on motion/automation complexity and performance (8 axes nominal based on medium complexity at 4 kHz network update rate)
- Reduce panel space, wiring costs and build time with an AKD servo drive axis and a multi-axis programmable machine and motion controller in a single package—eliminating the need for a separate controller in many applications
- Accelerate design time and simplify integration by using a single, scalable development environment to program AKD PDMM® as well as PAC-based applications up to 128 axes
- Minimize risk and maximize performance with our industry-leading AKD drive hardware integrated with the proven architecture of Kollmorgen Automation Suite
- Deliver advanced features in a higher-performing machine with the advantages of Pipe Network™ and Kollmorgen co-engineering capabilities
- Control multiple high-performance servo axes without the need for a separate controller, saving cabinet space and wiring costs
- Build a complete system with optimal performance using drives, motors, I/O modules, HMI panels and other components designed to work together
Build Simpler and Better with Drive-Resident Machine and Motion Control
Extend your design options. Control as many as eight axes or more without the need for a PLC or PAC. Reduce cabinet space and wiring requirements. Program perfect machine and motion control for any project using a single, fully integrated programming environment. Build a better machine at a lower cost. Our new addition to the AKD™ drive family combines one servo axis, a master controller that supports multiple additional axes, and the full automation capability of Kollmorgen Automation Suite™—all in a single, compact package.
Welcome to the AKD PDMM™ programmable drive, multi-axis master
AKD PDMM ™ combines a high-performance AKD ™ servo drive with multi-axis machine and motion control in a single, compact package that can be programmed, tuned and commissioned using Kollmorgen Automation Suite ™.AKD PDMM has one built-in AKD servo drive and serves as a master machine and motion controller for up to 7 or more additional AKD drives. So you can build a machine that incorporates multiple highperformance axes, complete I/O connectivity and an HMI interface—all without the need for a separate PLC or PAC. And you can program your new machine using the same scalable, integrated development environment you use for larger PAC-based machines up to 128 axes. The result: AKD PDMM simplifies your machine, shortens your development cycles and gives you an agile platform for creating truly differentiated solutions that win new business.
Reduce panel space, wiring costs and build time.AKD PDMM provides a complete servo drive and programmable machine and motion controller in a single package, eliminating the need for a separate controller in many applications.
Co-engineer a measurable difference. When your customers want more than a standard solution, deliver an irrefutable advantage with Pipe Network™ and Kollmorgen co-engineering.
Accelerate design time and simplify integration. Use a single graphical development environment to program AKD PDMM as well as PAC-based applications up to 128 axes.
Control multiple high-performance axes without a separate controller. AKD PDMM acts as a master for as many as 7 or more additional AKD drives to control up to 8 or more Kollmorgen servomotors of any type.
Proven to minimize risk, maximize performance. AKD PDMM combines the proven architecture of Kollmorgen Automation Suite with our industry-leading AKD drive hardware.
Build a complete system with optimal performance. AKD PDMM works with AKT ™ I/O modules and AKI ™ human interface panels for a complete solution from a single supplier.