Light curtains for industrial and civil applications where it is necessary to detect, measure, and recognise objects.
Depending on the number and position of the beams engaged by an object, the measurement sensors can provide real time information to a PLC or PC in order to:
- Detect the presence or absence of objects;
- perform a count;
- detect a position;
- detect a shape or a profile;
- measure dimensions.
- 4 solid state outputs 0 or 24V with programmable functions.
- Solution providing simple on/off information related to the occurrence of the programmed conditions.
- Ideal for object recognition, quality control, detection of dimensional limits.
- RS-485 serial line + two solid state outputs 0 or 24V with programmable functions.
- Solution providing complete and detailed information on the status of each beam via the RS-485 serial line and, by means of the two solid state outputs, further on/off information related to the occurrence of the programmed conditions.
- Ideal for dimensional measurement, detection of object profile and position.
- Two solid state antivalent outputs 0 or 24V without the need for programming.
- Solution providing simple on/off information related to the status of the controlled area.
- Ideal for piece counting and detection of object presence/absence in the controlled field.
- Controlled heights (mm): 140 ... 2525.
- Beam spacing (mm): 5, 10, 25, 30, 50, 75.
- Max. range (m):
- 2 – for models with beam spacing 5 mm;
- 6 - for models with beam spacing 25, 50, 75 mm;
- 16 - for models with beam spacing 10, 30 mm.
- Measurement time s x n beams) x 2.
- Synchronisation between emitter and receiver optical or via cable, selectable.
- Signalling: 7-segment display and LEDs for operating status and light curtain self-diagnosis.
- Power supply (VDC): 24 ± 20%
- Max. length connection cables between light curtain and interface (m): 50
- Operating temperature (°C): 0 ... +55.
- Protection rating: IP 65
- Fastening mode: back slot, side slot, or to the top and lower end with swivel brackets.
- Cross-section dimensions (mm): 35 x 45.
- Measurement of the height of objects in transit on conveyor systems.
- Quality control: verification of presence / absence / position of holes.
- Two-dimensional detection of objects in transit on conveyor systems with use of 2 light curtains.
- Automatic warehouses.
- Measurement and identification of cylinders of various sizes.
- Detection of position and profile of pieces in automatic painting systems.
- Loop control.
- Quality control: verification of correct positioning of objects.
- Detection of overall dimensional limits of vehicles for vehicle handling in automatic parking garages.
- Measurement of the width and position of panels or sheets of material in transit on roller units or conveyor belts.
CHARACTERISTICS OF METRONCONF CONFIGURATION SOFTWARE
Possibility for on-line display on PC screen during operation (via RS-232) to display the status of each individual beam and solid state outputs.
- Operating logic (conditions for output activation),
- parameters of the RS-485 serial line (transmission method, baud rate, parity, start-stop characters, binary, hex, ascii format, etc.)